What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is the assessment and rehabilitation of impairments in movement. A physiotherapist is a university-trained healthcare professional with clinical skills to provide physical intervention. Their aim is to promote mobility, function, and improvement in quality of life.
Do I need a doctor’s referral?
You are not required to bring a doctor’s referral for physiotherapy or massage therapy. However, coverage may be dependent on one for some extended health insurance plans.
How do I prepare for my first appointment?
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your first scheduled time to register all pertinent information.
- Please bring the following:
- Doctor’s referral (if you have one)
- Personal Health Care Card Number
- List of current medications
- ICBC clients: Bring your Bodily Injury Claim number and adjuster’s name
- WorksafeBC clients: Bring your WorksafeBC claim number
- Wear comfortable clothing (shorts for lower body injuries)
How do I pay for my visit?
We accept cash, cheque, VISA, MasterCard and debit cards. Clients should come prepared to settle their account after each visit.
What is the cancellation policy?
Please give 24 hours notice for cancellation of appointments or a service charge will be applied.
For physiotherapy, the service charge is $30.
For massage therapy, the service charge is equivalent to the amount of the missed session.
Is there parking available?
Free parking is available at Kensington Square Shopping Centre.